Thursday, October 23, 2008

Katy Donate's Hair to Pantene

So Katy has been growing her hair out for months now because she saw something about Locks of Love. She said she wanted to give her hair to kids with no hair. It has been a rough time for me because I just wanted to cut it off. The screaming while brushing is the worse and then the toothpaste and syrup and food in general in the hair. Also the sucking on long hair drives me nuts! Well we were told it was 8 inches by the hairdresser so we went in one day to have it cut and it was actually 10 inches. I should have done the research on the internet before I took her in because she was so devasted she was so looking forward to getting her hair cut off for kids who need it. Those are her words she is so kind spirited. Anyways so the hairdresser said for sure by Christmas her hair would be ready for Locks of Love. That was a month ago and let me tell you my patience with waiting until Christmas got the best of me and I did some research on the Pantene Hair Donation. It is similar but the wigs that Pantene produces is for adults instead of kids. Katy was thrilled either way to help out someone who needs it. So today was the day. After taking Logan to the Dr. for an ear infection we headed to the hair dresser. This is the prettiest little girl ever. Of course I am a little biased. I had to take all these pictures because I was told by Katy that I needed to make sure her Auntie Heather saw her hair from all sides! So enjoy Heather these are for you!







5 comments:

Heather said...

Katy! I love it!! Your hair is so cute and you are right it is not all gone. I am so proud of you ;) Love you bunches and bunches. Auntie Heather

Heather said...

Yay Katy! I was going to do that a while back but I had colored my hair & couldn't donate it.
Also, what a great haircut. She looks so grown up!!

Grandma said...

Katy, you look beautiful and so grown up. I'm so proud of you for wanting to share your hair, and can't wait to tell everyone about the special thing you did. I love you lots and can't wait til Christmas! Love Grandma

brian.p.kime said...

That was very kind of Katy. Tell her 'Uncle' Brian is very proud of her.

Unknown said...

Loving the little posh do!