Saturday, April 5, 2008

Male having a baby?

Ok this blog has absolutely nothing to do with Jackson Family Happenings but more of the recent media frenzy of a man having a baby. This "man" has already claimed to be a transgendered individual. Wikipedia defines this as "People who were assigned a gender, usually at birth and based on their genitals, but who feel that this is a false or incomplete description of themselves." So basically a transgender in this case is a girl who was born and grew up but decided she was actually a boy. So this girl started to take testosterone, she had her outward appearance medically altered to appear as a man but kept her reproductive organs. So can the media really truly say this is a man having a baby. Or is it a girl playing man having a baby?? I find it absolutely ridiculous the media frenzy of this because really it is women having a baby. God made this individual a women so of course she can have a baby. This individual already said that he/she stopped taking the testosterone or reduced it significally and I believe allowed estrogen levels return (I am sure some additional levels were needed to become pregnant through artificial insemination). Just some thoughts on this recent subject I will be writing soon about Imminent Domain.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

i couldn't agree more. i haven't seen "him" but i'm sure it's just the shock of seeing a "man" pregnant. but yeah, where's the shock when it's just a mannish looking woman? who cares? i really think the bigger deal is that transgendered people can get married to, technicially, the same sex. i didn't know that could happen.

also, it's oprah. that woman. *heavy sigh* i wonder if she understands the responsibility she bears because of her super star media power. i hope she repeats spider man's mantra nightly.

Andrea said...

ok, time for a new post and new pictures!

Kristin said...

I totally agree... stupid media. She/he just looks like a guy with a poochy belly, but... everyone knows the truth. I hate that we are constantly told by the media, how we need to think about things. It's ridiculous! But they know it usually works, so they keep at it until we start to forget that that "man" actually was a confused woman.... argh!!!